qdPM Extended
project management software for growth
qdPM Extended based on free version of qdPM and has extended functionality and extra features read more.
Home About What's New? Features Demo Buy Now Translations Bug Report Forum Blog Contact Us

Outline Level Misses the first Group header

<<

Doddsy

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:53 am

Outline Level Misses the first Group header

Hi guys.

I'm using the import xls file to clone tasks & child tasks in projects.

After working out the outline level, I can get the tree of tasks to import quite well, but the first Group Heading misses every time.

To explain, I have several Group Headings & each has several child tasks. These Group Headings are named "Group1, Group2, Group3", etc, right up to Group 12.

Importing the xls spread sheet & binding the fields imports all Group Headings and child tasks successfully, except for Group1 which is imported as a list & not differentiating Group Heading & Child Task. (The child tasks are not under the Group Heading, but separate on the task list).

So far, nothing that I've tried will let the first Group Heading import with the child tasks under it. The child tasks always import with no parent task.

Does anyone have a direction that I could try on this? :cry:

So far, I've tried renaming the Group Header to remove spaces, adding a blank line above all the group headers, adding a single task above the group headers, adding another group header at the start (I was surprised that didn't work). :(

cheers

Ian
<<

qdPM_Support

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:26 am

Re: Outline Level Misses the first Group header

at the moment there is no way to load tree
<<

Doddsy

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:43 am

Thanks for the reply.

I must have mis-understood somewhere. :|

I thought the Outline Level allowed the tree to import.

All of my parent child tasks are importing & tree view works except for the first level.

10 levels under that are fine & in good sort order too. :?

:)
<<

Jack Gilinsky

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:05 am

This is exceptionally pleasant and tolerable post....You shook posting it.....Thanks a considerable measure for posting it.....!!!

link

Return to Version 3 Support