qdPM Extended
project management software for growth
qdPM Extended based on free version of qdPM and has extended functionality and extra features read more.
Home About What's New? Features Demo Buy Now Translations Bug Report Forum Blog Contact Us

LDAP error in updating

Moderators: flyingkites, qdPM_Support

<<

wlitdepartment

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:00 am

LDAP error in updating

I have a problem while updating from version 3 to version 4.
I've downloaded the zip file from my profile and I've substituted the key as described in the howto.
Now, my configuration uses LDAP authentication for users.
I have a redirection in apache2:
RedirectMatch ^/qdPM$ /qdPM/index.php/login/ldap
RedirectMatch ^/qdPM/$ /qdPM/index.php/login/ldap
RedirectMatch ^/$ /qdPM/index.php/login/ldap
The point is that if I login I get the error below.
[attachment=0]ldap_login_error.png[/attachment]
So I've decided to try to connect without ldap (forcing to off the parameter app_use_ldap_login in mysql) and I get this error:
[attachment=1]login.png[/attachment]
The only thing I can see is an error in apache logs:
==> /var/log/apache2/error.log <==
[error] [client x.y.z.k] File does not exist: /var/www/qdPM/template/css/themes, referer: h/qdpm.xxx.yy/qdPM/index.php/login
If I check, I don't have any "themes" folder.
Note that in the actual running environment I don't have any issue.
Attachments
ldap_login_error.png
ldap_login_error
ldap_login_error.png (9.1 KiB) Viewed 8443 times
login.png
No match for Email and/or password
<<

flyingkites

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:30 am

Re: LDAP error in updating

What do you mean by "Note that in the actual running environment I don't have any issue"?
<<

wlitdepartment

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:34 am

Obviously, before updating to version 4 I've created a copy of the virtual machine where qdPM is installed and configured: I can revert to a fully functional and properly configured system with version 3 installed.
qdPM is crucial for my company so, before having a real deployment, I have to carefully have working and stress tests: luckily I was right in creating a test environment... ;)
<<

flyingkites

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:00 am

Can you provide the order ID for your qdPM Extended licence?
<<

wlitdepartment

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:34 am

Yes of course: #1091
<<

flyingkites

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:53 am

From what you have said, we understand you have:

1. a live site running V3 with its V3 licence key
2. a test site running V4 that was an upgrade of your V3 site running with a V4 licence key associated which is linked to the live site hostname.

When you log into the test site using LDAP, it told the user was invalid. You tried to turn off LDAP via the database and now have a different error.

Is that correct?
<<

wlitdepartment

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:11 am

No.
I have:
1) a virtual machine containing a v3 and its v3 license
2) a virtual machine containing a v4 that was an upgrade from a v3 with the new license.
When I want to try the v4 I turn off the v3. Since the v4 is not working I had to turn off the v3 virtual machine and I had to power on the v3 to have my collegues working on the projects.

Now: all the tests where made on the v4 machine with the v3 powered off.

Yes, I disabled the mysql filed of ldap auth and I get the error posted.
No logs more than:

==> /var/log/apache2/error.log <==
[error] [client x.y.z.k] File does not exist: /var/www/qdPM/template/css/themes, referer: h/qdpm.xxx.yy/qdPM/index.php/login

What can I do?
<<

flyingkites

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:53 am

Well what you are doing is not exactly as planned so I am not sure how much we can help you.

Are you sure the log entry relates to the error? Is the datetime stamp matching the attempt to log in?
<<

wlitdepartment

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:10 am

ozeworks: I can't understand why you say that "this is not exactly as planned so I am not sure how much we can help you." :shock:
Consider my situation as a backup that I restore: my users have to work and I can't suspend them working after an update. :?
So you can consider my situation exactly a backup that I restore on a failed update.
This is the condition. If you want I can delete the previous virtual machine but, after that, my users will stop working... :lol:
BTW: the only log that I have is the one that I've pasted. Can I increase logging for qdpm? Is there another file rather than the apache one that I should consider? Can I increase the verbosity of it?
<<

flyingkites

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:48 am

Your use of virtual machines and your method of updating is your decision however your method is not standard and, again, I am not sure how much we can help tracking down your issue.

Most people set up an offline test site to do the upgrade so as to not impact their live instance at all. In which case, the licence for V4 would not be the same hostname as your live instance. It would be a localhost setup.

In addition when you received the LDAP error message instead of turning off LDAP via the application you changed a setting directly in the database rather than via the application. This again is unorthodox but again it is up to you how you modify your application. If it fails to work after doing so, then again I am not sure how much help we can be with tracking down your issue.

We do not believe your error log message has anything to do with the issue you are reporting and our question was related to the timestamp of the log entry which you did not answer.

You could try taking a copy of you V3 install, turning LDAP off via the application and then upgrading. Once upgraded you could then turn LDAP on again and see if that helps your situation.
Next

Return to Version 4 Installation