qdPM Extended
project management software for growth
qdPM Extended based on free version of qdPM and has extended functionality and extra features read more.
Home About What's New? Features Demo Buy Now Translations Bug Report Forum Blog Contact Us

Issues on mobile devices

Moderators: flyingkites, qdPM_Support

<<

newsmark

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Issues on mobile devices

Hello,

I've had great success in customizing and using the platform on the desktop. However, I'm noticing some serious issues on a mobile device. Note, these issues specifically manifest themselves on an actual mobile device. Shrinking the desktop browser window to simulate the mobile browser results in no issues.

On an iPhone, using Safari, The Add Project modal pops up, but is not scrollable. Sometimes, if I turn the phone landscape, it will scroll, but this workaround is sporadic.

On an android, under Chrome, the add project modal doesn't even load the first time. I only get the loading bar animation, unless I tap to dismiss it. Then when I click again it loads. Then, the editor doesn't load, so the description box is just plain text. This wouldn't be as big a deal if it were just the Add Project, but it brings in the html for editing an existing project, which becomes unusable.

On android, under Chrome again, the add task modal comes up, but there's only the project selector - nothing else renders.

On a tablet, iPad tested, landscape mode works well - as expected. If I go vertical, the add project modal comes up and zooms in the whole browser window. It will scroll, but not smoothly.

As it stands, adding or editing elements on a smartphone and to some degree a tablet is not usable. Please look into this. I'm not sure how much this theme was tested on mobile devices, but it might need some more work.
<<

nunu

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: issues on mobile devices

1. On an iPhone, using Safari, The Add Project modal pops up, but is not scrollable. Sometimes, if I turn the phone landscape, it will scroll, but this workaround is sporadic.

What model iPhone are you using?
What version iOS?
What browser/version are you using?

2. On an android, under Chrome, the add project modal doesn't even load the first time. I only get the loading bar animation, unless I tap to dismiss it. Then when I click again it loads.

The double tap is a known Android issue and affects more than just the Add Project function. It only occurs on first page load.

3. Then, the editor doesn't load, so the description box is just plain text. This wouldn't be as big a deal if it were just the Add Project, but it brings in the html for editing an existing project, which becomes unusable.

This is a known issue. While the editor tool bar does not display, the editor will show HTML if HTML has been added to field content. You can edit existing content including modifying the HTML if you wish and save your content. Given the editor is third party code we have to wait until the developer addresses these issues.

4. On android, under Chrome again, the add task modal comes up, but there's only the project selector - nothing else renders.

If you are not adding a task when looking at a specific project then you will be asked to select the project first. Once you select the Project, the Task form will be displayed so you can add the task.

5. On a tablet, iPad tested, landscape mode works well - as expected. If I go vertical, the add project modal comes up and zooms in the whole browser window. It will scroll, but not smoothly.

What model iPad are you using?
What version iOS?
What browser/version re you using?
<<

newsmark

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. Please see below:

ozeworks wrote:
> 1. On an iPhone, using Safari, The Add Project modal pops up, but is not
> scrollable. Sometimes, if I turn the phone landscape, it will scroll, but
> this workaround is sporadic.
>
> What model iPhone are you using?
> What version iOS?
> What browser/version are you using?

iPhone 6 - Safari - Latest software - iOS 9.2 I believe.
>
> 2. On an android, under Chrome, the add project modal doesn't even load the
> first time. I only get the loading bar animation, unless I tap to dismiss
> it. Then when I click again it loads.
>
> The double tap is a known Android issue and affects more than just the Add
> Project function. It only occurs on first page load.
>
> 3. Then, the editor doesn't load, so the description box is just plain
> text. This wouldn't be as big a deal if it were just the Add Project, but
> it brings in the html for editing an existing project, which becomes
> unusable.
>
> This is a known issue. While the editor tool bar does not display, the
> editor will show HTML if HTML has been added to field content. You can
> edit existing content including modifying the HTML if you wish and save
> your content. Given the editor is third party code we have to wait until
> the developer addresses these issues.

>
> 4. On android, under Chrome again, the add task modal comes up, but there's
> only the project selector - nothing else renders.
>
> If you are not adding a task when looking at a specific project then you
> will be asked to select the project first. Once you select the Project,
> the Task form will be displayed so you can add the task.

Taping the project after clicking the selector doesn't bring up the rest of the form. Perhaps it's only because I have the one project in there right now for testing? Perhaps it's a bug where if you only have one project, you're not changing the state, so it doesn't continue rendering the rest of the form?

>
> 5. On a tablet, iPad tested, landscape mode works well - as expected. If I
> go vertical, the add project modal comes up and zooms in the whole browser
> window. It will scroll, but not smoothly.
>
> What model iPad are you using?
> What version iOS?
> What browser/version re you using?

iPad Pro - latest software - Safari.
<<

nunu

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:23 pm

1. can't reproduce. make sure you scroll on RH edge not middle of pop up.

4. then add another project if you think that is the issue

5. OK we will make a note to check an iPad pro at some stage
<<

nunu

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: Issues on mobile devices

The double tap issue has been fixed in 4.1
<<

newsmark

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: Issues on mobile devices

Hello,

Would it be possible to get only the files necessary to fix the double tap issue on mobile phones? I've made some customizations that I'd lose by replacing all files. Thanks!

Return to Version 4 Support