qdPM Extended
project management software for growth
qdPM Extended based on free version of qdPM and has extended functionality and extra features read more.
Home About What's New? Features Demo Buy Now Translations Bug Report Forum Blog Contact Us

PROBLEM - FILTERING

Moderators: flyingkites, qdPM_Support

<<

gabriel75

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:47 am

PROBLEM - FILTERING

Hello,

I have a problem with my clients, because they can see all companies organization, structure etc. When they filtering, they can see ALL members from Assigned to and Created By options - see attached pictures. Similar issue when they are creating reports, they can see all options there from Assigned to and Created By options, including all users/members/teams/clients etc.

Normally they should only see ONLY those members that are in relationship by projects, as it happens when filtering is applied by Project/Project Status/Project Type.

Please help me in solving this bug.

Regards,

Gabriel
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
<<

nunu

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Re: PROBLEM - FILTERING

Once you let a client inside the wall, i.e. other than Tickets, then yes they can see all users in lists but they still cannot get access to any actual task etc. they are not allowed to see.

It is not feasible impossible to try and restrict one user from seeing other users in the manner you are referring to. The database queries involved to do so would be quite complex and slow the application down. Furthermore some users can access details even if not assigned to the project depending on your user group settings.

However this is open source and you are feel to try and implement this restriction based on your own configuration and business rules.

Return to Version 4 Support